If you have a Savings account with bank and interested to know how to it then following are the steps will have to follow:(1) Fill up the Account Closure Form of Standard Chartered Bank Account
In order to close your bank account, the first step is to fill up an Account Closure Form. You can download it from bank’s website or alternatively, you can visit your home branch, get the account closure form and fill it up properly. After that you need to sign it and submit it to the branch manager/ officer-in-charge. Please note that if there is/ are any joint holder/s in your account, all need to sign the account closure form.
(2) Attach your KYC (Know Your Customer) Documents
All the holders of the account need to attach a copy of KYC documents i.e. a copy of PAN, which also serves as your proof of identity and a proof of address to the account closure form. The account holders may also be asked to self attest these documents.
(3) Surrender Balance Cheque Leaves, Debit Card and Passbook to your Bank Branch
The banker verifies the documents submitted by you and if he/ she finds all the things are correct then you are asked to withdraw the balance amount in your account and process your account closure request.
(5) Withdraw the Balance Amount from your Savings Account
When asked, you may either take cash withdrawal or the bank issues a cheque/ DD in your favour or the amount can be transferred to another account so that your account can be closed.
If you follow above steps, you would be able to close your bank account in a hassle free manner. Banks generally send an email or SMS on your registered email id and mobile after your account is closed.
Important Points regarding Closing of Standard Chartered Bank Account Savings Account
- For closing your account, you need to visit that branch of the bank where you had opened the account.
- One should close the account only if he really doesn’t need it in future as banks generally don’t allow to re-open a closed account.
- One must save a soft copy or take a printout of full bank statement since inception till closing for the purpose of any future reference.
- Cancel your automated payment instructions.
- One must clear all his/ her pending dues or charges before closing the account.