National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) has provided three convenient ways to choose and register your outpatient hospitals for you and your members. You can choose or change the NHIF outpatient facility through any of the following means:
- Using NHIF mobile USSD code *155#
- Through the NHIF Selfcare Website
- NHIF mobile app, My NHIF
How to Choose NHIF Outpatient Facility Using Phone USSD Code
You can select or change your NHIF outpatient hospital by dialing *155# on your mobile phone and following the given onscreen directions.
Changing NHIF hospital/facility is normally done quarterly for the Supa Cover; that is in the months of March, June, September, and December, and twice yearly for the civil servants.
- Dial *155# on your phone
- Select your language, English or Kiswahili
- Key in your ID number
- You will receive a message on your phone with an OTP (one time password) code
- Enter the OTP code and press Send
- From the pop-up screen that appears, select either Choose Out-Patient Facility or Change Out-Patient Facility, accordingly
- Select your dependent and search for the name of the hospital you want to register
- Continue with the on-screen directions and repeat the above step for all your dependents.
While using the NHIF USSD code *155# you may see a message “a valid mobile phone number does not exist on your NHIF account”
In this case, call the NHIF toll free customer care number 080072060 or visit the nearest NHIF service point and request them to update your NHIF account with your current mobile phone number.
How to Choose or Change NHIF Outpatient Facility Using NHIF Online Selfcare
- Visit the NHIF Selfcare Website
- Key in your ID number and press Enter
- Enter the NHIF Web Selfcare One Time Password, OTP pin, just send to your phone
- Click Verify
- After successful login, you will be presented with a summary of your NHIF Member Data and the choice to select or change NHIF hospital for yourself or dependents
- Follow the steps through to select or choose facility and county
Choose or Change NHIF Outpatient Facility Using NHIF Mobile App
- Download the My NHIF Self-care app from google store
- Enter your ID number
- Request for a One Time Password (OTP) pin
- Enter the pin sent to your mobile phone in order to get logged in
- select either Choose Out-Patient Facility or Change Out-Patient Facility as you desire
- Follow through with the instructions to choose or change NHIF hospital