Portable Document Format (PDF) has all the elements of a printed document as an electronic image that you can view, navigate, print, or forward to someone else.
Such documents are created using Adobe Acrobat , Acrobat Capture, or similar products.
PDFs make documents secure making it easier to share between computers and across operating systems.
However, one challenge is the size of the document: sharing chunky files can be difficult.
To ease the process, one can do as follows:
- Download an app that compresses PDF files or go to a website that offers the service free such as https://pdfcompressor.com/
- Select PDF files from your computer or drag them to the drop area.
- Upload the file(s). If they are many, you can upload up to 20 files at a time.
- Wait until the PDF compression is completed.
- Download each file individually, or you can download all of your files at once in a zipped format.
- Also note that some websites or applications for compressing PDF files may produce low quality images e.g blurring images or poor text form.