To deactivate Instagram account on App, follow the below process;
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the profile icon.
- Tap on the three-bar menu icon and then select Settings in the pop-up menu.
- Now tap Help and then, tap on the Help Center button
- You will now be redirected to a new Instagram search page. Type Delete in the search bar and choose the “How do I delete my Instagram account” option.
- Select the Delete Instagram account page
- Give a reason as to why you are deleting your account. Then, re-enter the password for your Instagram account
- Tap on the Permanently delete my Instagram account button
Keep in mind that once you permanently deactivate Instagram account, you cannot re-access your account. You can create a new Instagram account but you will not be able to extract information from the previous account. Alternatively, you have the option to temporarily deactivate Instagram account.
How To Deactivate Instagram Account Temporarily
- Login to Instagram via a web browser.
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap Edit Profile
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Temporarily disable my account.
- Give a reason as to why you want to temporarily delete your Instagram account and then re-enter your password.
- Now, tap on the Temporarily disable account button to close Instagram account temporarily
Instagram will now temporarily remove you from the platform without erasing your data. If you temporarily deactivate the Instagram account, people won’t find you in search, or in their followers, and following.