National Transport and Safety Authority Act (NTSA) is a statutory body established by the National Transport and Safety Authority Act (2012) to bring about sanity in our roads. To this end, NTSA brings together under one roof the functions of Motor Vehicle Registration, Transport Licensing and Motor Vehicle Inspection, Road Safety, Driver Testing, and some extent Traffic Law enhancement.
- To advise and make recommendations on matters relating to road transport and safety,
- To implement policies relating to road transport and safety
- To plan, manage and regulate the road transport sector in accordance with the provisions of the Act, and,
- To ensure the provision of safe, reliable and efficient road transport service.
How to book an NTSA Driving Test Via eCitizen
When an applicant is satisfied that he can take a driving test, he shall be required to book for a test stating the date, time and location he would like to go for the driving test. A test booking certificate shall be issued upon payment of the prescribed fee. All driving tests are undertaken at Driving Test Units (DTU) which are based across the country. The driving tests are conducted by driving test examiners (DTE) and shall include a test of the applicant’s
- Knowledge of the rules of the road;
- Knowledge of recognized road signals and road signs;
- Knowledge of any authorized road or highway code; and
- Physical fitness to drive a motor vehicle of the class for which the license is required.
Once an applicant has passed a driving test, he shall be issued with a certificate of competence (C of C) indicating the class or classes of motor vehicle he is permitted to drive. The C of C is valid for a period of three (3) months, and upon expiry, it will be at the discretion of the licensing officer to decide whether the applicant will undergo another driving test, or on the contrary, approve the application for payment of the driving license.
Minimum Requirements for enrolment to train as a small vehicle driver:
- Not less than 18 years old.
- Police clearance certificate.
- No criminal record.
- No previous dangerous driving offense record.
- Medical test certificate.
- Able to read and write in the official languages.