To connect Spotify to Google Home, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your Google Home device is set up and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the plus sign (+) in the top left corner of the app to add a new device.
- Follow the prompts to add your Google Home device to the app.
- Once your Google Home device is added, tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the app to open the main menu.
- From the main menu, select the “Music, TV, and books” option.
- Scroll down to the “Services” section and tap on the “Link a service” button.
- From the list of available services, select Spotify.
- Follow the prompts to log in to your Spotify account and authorize the connection between your Google Home device and Spotify.
- Once the connection is established, you can use your Google Home device to play music from your Spotify account by saying “Hey Google, play [artist/song/playlist] on Spotify”.
Note: If you are having difficulty connecting Spotify to your Google Home device, you may need to check that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and that you have the latest version of the Google Home app installed. If you continue to have issues, you may need to consult the Google Home documentation or contact Google support for further assistance.
ALSO READ; South Africa: Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment on City of Cape Town Marine Outfalls