Bonga points are rewards for using your Safaricom line. It works both for postpaid and prepaid lines when you register for the Programme.
Once you are registered you earn one Bonga point for very ten shillings you spend on Data, Voice and SMS.
These rewards are good because you can redeem them for a lot of good things ranging from air tickets, phones, airtime (minutes or SMS), Data bundles and many more cool merchandise.
To redeem your Bonga points you need the Bonga points PIN. Sometimes it happens that you may forget this PIN and this will mean you earn your points but you can’t transfer them or redeem them. This can be depressing but it doesn’t have to be because Safaricom has made it easy for you to reset your Bonga points PIN and continue enjoying the “BONGA REWARDS”.
What you need:–
- The ID number used to register your line
- The last airtime voucher top up amount (card top up not M-Pesa)
- On your Safaricom phone Dial *126#
- Choose option 5 “set or change Bonga point PIN”
- Then choose option one: “set new PIN”
- Please enter your national id number
- Please enter your last direct top up (this is the last airtime top up from a scratch card)
- You will be asked to set new pin.
- You will be asked to confirm new Bonga point pin
Your Bonga points PIN is now reset and your are ready to start redeeming or transferring your points