A land search in Kenya is more beneficial because it enables you to identify the owner of the land and possibly any encumbrances registered against it.
In comparison to physical land searches, conducting a land search online is simple and time-efficient. It is therefore advisable to understand how to conduct an online land search.Perhaps you’re wondering how a land search in Kenya is conducted. I’ll show you how to conduct an effective online search for land ownership.
Below is the procedure on how to do land search in Kenya:
- Log in to the eCitizen portal.
- Click on the Ministry of Lands and Housing link.
- Select land search options.
- Key in your title deed number.
- Fill in the online land search form for Kenya.
- Upload the required documents.
- Confirm whether you have filled in the correct details.
- Click “submit” to proceed to the next.
- Make the necessary payments using your preferred method of payment based on the options given.
- An automatic display of your land search will be seen on your screen.
- Print your land search results or download them to have a soft copy.
This is how to conduct an online land search from the comfort of your home.
Requirements for Land Search
You may as well want to know the requirements for land search in Kenya, which are:
- Well filled application form for official search.
- Identity cards.
- Proof of land ownership.
- Pin certificate.
- Passport photos.