Temporary passports are typically issued to people in emergency situations so that they can attend to their needs as soon as possible. Furthermore, it is always a short-term use passport that is only valid until a specific date.
Do you want to know how to get a temporary passport in Kenya? You’ve come to the right place because I’m going to walk you through a number of informative procedures, including how to apply for an emergency passport in Kenya.
Application Process for Temporary Passport
Here is the procedure on how to apply for a temporary passport in Kenya:
- Log in to the eCitizen portal using this link: http://ecitizen.go.ke/
- Go to the department of immigration services.
- Select temporary permits and choose the temporary permit application that suits you.
- Click on apply now to get started.
- Fill in the application form correctly and upload the required documents.
- Payment is made using your preferred payment method based on the payment options given.
- Download your forms.
- Print the application form.
- Stick your passport photo on the application form.
- Submit your eCitizen temporary passport application form in person to the immigration officer.
You can use this procedure to apply for a temporary passport to Uganda, a temporary East African passport, and also a temporary passport to Tanzania from Kenya.