To request a name change on Passport in Kenya, follow the below process;
Requirements for a name change on Passport
- Submit online application on www.ecitizen.go.ke;
- Ecitizen pre-filled passport application Form and two payment receipts;
- Original and a copy of Kenyan birth certificate;
- An Original Kenya National ID card and a copy of Kenyan ID;
- Original Passport and a copy (Bio Data Page) of Passport
- In the case of marriage, the original and copy of the marriage certificate (Must be translated into English and certified);
- In the case of an applicant who is adopted, the original adoption certificate issued by the Government of Kenya, a clearance letter from the Children’s Department, and a Court ruling or Award are required;
- Change of Name through Deed Poll, one must have a copy of the deed poll and the Kenya Gazette Notice;
- Original Certificate of Registration if Kenyan by Registration and a copy of the front and back page.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs on a white background (2 by 2 inches). The photo should be taken without spectacles or earings, and both ears should be visible; hence no hair on the forehead.