Here is a list of the top shipping companies in Kenya for 2022. Moving cargo from one place to another or from one continent to the other is called shipping.
Shipping can be quite stressful while doing it single-handedly. It is important to have an experienced hand or company intervening for you.
As such, there are several shipping companies in Kenya that have played an instrumental role in helping Kenyans to ship various products.
Here is a list of the best and most reliable shipping companies in Kenya that you can use to import or export cargo:
1. Century Cargo Shipping Company
The Century Cargo shipping company is based in Mombasa where it offers both exporters and importers various services required in shipping.
Despite being one of the oldest shipping companies in Kenya, century Cargo is still among the best shipping companies in Kenya. They also specialize in warehousing and transportation of goods.
2. States Duka
States Duka is one of the best shipping companies in Kenya. This company also serves other countries including; Uganda, Tanzania, USA, and South Sudan.
It partners with various companies including, Amazon, eBay, and OLX to export cargo to and from the USA to Eastern Africa. They charge an average of $15 per Kilogram of cargo because they specialize in Air shipping.
3. Octa Transporters
Octa Transporters is more of a service delivery company that delivers goods customers and companies in Nairobi and its environs.
The company used the JIT (just in time) strategy to ensure that the cargo is delivered to the customers at the right time as prescribed.
For their service, Octa has become of the most efficient and among the most reliable companies in the country.
4. Crono Company Limited
Crono Company limited is another shipping company in Kenya that is located in Malindi. It is one of the oldest companies having started operations in 1996. It clears and forwards almost all types of cargo from the Mombasa port.
5. Filiken Transit Forwarders Ltd
Filiken is among the most reliable shipping companies in Kenya that offer various services in logistics, motoring, and transportation of cargo. It is located in Mombasa where it is able to coordinate the cargo from the port.
6. Mahdi Logistics
Mahdi is another shipping company in Kenya the has diversified its services to include wholesale and retail services.
They also distribute commodities such as stationary, IT services, LED solar lighting and other electrical fittings.
7. Crystal Spark Company
CSC has been in the Kenyan market for just five years now and has already created a reputable portfolio. They are a transportation and logistics company that offers versatile services in courier.
Other Shipping Agents in Kenya include;
- Sivicom Liners Limited
- Famio Services limited
- Sheffield Cargo Logistics limited
- Storm Shipping Agency Limited
- Seaforth Shipping Kenya Ltd
- Rais Shipping Services Kenya Limited
- Emirates Shipping East Africa Limited
- Inchcape Shipping Services K Limited
- Sea Bulk Chartering And Trading Limited
- Wilhelmsen Ships Service Limited
- Bollore Africa Logistics Kenya Limited
- Cma Cgm Kenya Limited
- Access Shipping Agency Limited
- Access Shipping And Logistics Limited
- Merlion Shipping Limited
- Shipmarc Agency And Logistics Limited
- Sima Marine Limited
- Great Circle Line Kenya Limited
- Harbour Agency Limited
- International Shipping Agency Limited
- Smat Shipping Services Limited
- Green Island Shipping Services Limited
- Maersk Kenya Limited
- Oceanfreight Ea Ltd
- Sturrock Shipping (Kenya) Limited
- Seatrade Agencies Limited
- Kenya National Shipping Line Ltd
- Socopao Kenya Limited
- East African Commercial And Shipping Company Ltd
- Seven Seas Shipping Agencies K Limited
- Southern Engineering Company Limited
- I Messina K Limited
- Express Shipping And Logistics Ea Ltd
- Fay Logistics Limited
- Emirates Shipping Agencies Kenya Ltd
- Bio Fuels Limited
- Sharaf Shipping Agency (K) Ltd
- Diamond Shipping Services Ltd
- Pil (Kenya) Limited
- Zam Zam Shipping Limited
- Sosco Fishing Industries Limited
- Gulf Badr Group Kenya Limited
Important to Note
All shipping operations in Kenya are actively coordinated and protected by the Kenya Ships Agents Association.
The agency fulfills its mandate through close partnership with the Kenya Ports Authority, KRA, the Kenya Maritime Authority, Kenya Shipper’s council, Kenya International Freights, and the Warehousing Association.
As has been noted, the international body that overlooks all shipping operations globally is called FONASA. Its main mandate is to enhance safety within the sea trade routes and impose regulations.