The first thing to do to clear this error code is to ensure that you have paid for the monthly subscription. But sometimes, even with the active subscription, things may not just work.
Here is a quick 4-pronged approach to eliminate such errors on your Gotv Kenya packages.
- Use the Gotv Website
- Ensure that you visit the official Gotv website. Clear Error Code can be seen on the right-hand side of the page – click on it.
- You will be led to the Gotv reset code page
- Ensure that your decoder is on
- Enter your IUC number and select Error Correction Page. Here you will need to select the GOtvE16 and input your code display. Then select the option ‘Clear Error’.
- Use Your Mobile Phone
- SMS “Reset IUC” to 4688
- Having your decoder on, wait for a message
- The signal comes back within just a few moments
- Call Customer Care
- For immediate results, you can choose to call customer care. The number is 08039003788 or 012703232.
- Once your call goes through, state and describe the problem to the representative who clears the error code remotely.
With all that said, Gotv have since improved their services. In case the error appears on your screen, the simple thing to do is restart your decoder.