To send money from Kenya to Tanzania from your Safaricom MPESA line, follow these 5 simple steps.
- Go to M-PESA and select Lipa Na M-PESA.
- Select Pay Bill and enter business number 255255.
- Under account number, enter the Tanzania recipient’s mobile number in the format 2557XXXXXXXX
- Enter amount you wish to send in Ksh.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and confirm the transaction.
In Tanzania, if the money was sent via M-Pesa, it will go directly into your Vodacom M-Pesa account. You should be fully registered on Vodacom M-Pesa to do this. You do not need to know the exchange rate, it will be converted automatically and the prevailing exchange rate indicated on the transaction confirmation.