Mshwari is a product of the partnership between NCBA bank and Safaricom.
The Mshwari loan service offers loan limits ranging from as low as
Ksh100 Ksh2,000 to Ksh50,000 for a period of 30 days.
Mshwari loans are accessible via the Sim Toolkit menu, mySafaricom app as well as Ussd code *334#
Similarly, the same avenues can also be used to check Mshwari loan balance.
To check Mshwari loan balance do so;
Via Sim Toolkit
- Go to Sim Toolkit menu
- Select ‘Safaricom’, followed by ‘Mpesa’ then ‘Loans and Savings’
- Select ‘Mshwari’, then ‘Loan’ and finally ‘Loan Balance’
- Proceed and input your Mpesa PIN
- You will receive an SMS message contains your Mshwari loan balance
Via MySafaricom App
- Download, install and register via the MySafaricom app
- Go to ‘Mpesa‘ tab, then to ‘Loans & Savings‘
- Next, tap on ‘Mshwari‘ followed by ‘Loan‘ to view your Mshwari loan balance.
Via Ussd Code
- Dial the Ussd code *334#
- Select option 4: ‘Loans & Savings‘
- Then Select option 2: ‘Mshwari‘
- Lastly select option 4: ‘Check balance‘
- Input your Mpesa PIN to proceed and have your Mshwari balance sent via SMS message.