How can I check if am blacklisted? Am I in CRB? Who listed me ?This is what most of my blog readers ask.I had to post about it.
Before you can access your CRB status,you will need to register with one or all (recommended).Sometimes a lender can send the same bad report about you to more than one CRB.This way,you’ll need to clear with all CRBs.
You can access CRB services from Metropol through Metropol website,metropol crystobol app or by dialling*433#.
If you have chosen to register with metropol,then check out these steps;
Register With Metropol
- You will Pay kes 50 as registration fees through the Paybill number 220388.Enter your ID number as the account number.
- You’ll get an SMS with your unique PIN details,a Reference Number and a special Link
Access Metropol CRB services
After paying the registration fees ,now you’re allowed to check your CRB status.
- You can choose to dial *433# and enter PIN and you’ll get your listing status through an SMS.
- You can choose to use the metropol Crystobol app.Login and view you CRB status.
- You can visit metropol website ,Login and view your listing status.
There are other services which you can also get from Metropol.Note that after payment of the required fees,you’ll follow the same steps as checking your CRB status above.Pay all the fees the same way you paid for registration.
- Credit Score-Pay kes150.You are entitled to one free credit report in a year.Pa only to get more than one report in a year. Metropol gives a score between 200 and 900.Any score below 400 will mean you’re a defaulter and lender can’t give you loans.Any score above 400 will mean fair and lenders will give you loans with a lot of caution.Good credit score is any score near 900 and lenders will give you cheap loans.
- Credit Report- Pay kes250.This is a detailed report on how you interact with financial institutions.
- Who listed you- Pay kes 50 to know who sent your name to the CRB.
- Clearance Certificate- Pay kes2200.After clearing all your defaulted loans, you’ll be issued with a clearance certificate
I confirmed with Metropol about the value of the changes early this year(2017) and they said they are up to date.
TransUnion CRB services can be accessed via SMS number 21272 ,TranUnion Nipashe app and through TransUnion website.If you have chosen to register with TransUnion CRB then follow these steps;
Register with TransUnion
- Send your full names to 21272
- Enter your ID number
- Choose CC (meaning Credit Status)
- Receive your CRB status.Good will mean a positive status(not blacklisted) while deafult will mean a negative status ( you are blacklisted)
Access Other TransUnion Services
- Credit Report(CR)- You are entitled to one free credit report in a year.Pay kes 650 to Paybill number 212121 and account number should be you ID to get more than one report in a year.
- Clearance Certificate (CC)- pay kes 2200 to Paybill number 212121 and enter your ID number as the account number.To get a clearance certificate, you’ll need to register on transunion website using an email address.After payment claim your certificate by sending your Mpesa message to firstname.lastname@example.org
I also confirmed early this year(2017) with TransUnion about the charges and they said that are up to date.
CreditInfo entirely works on the information they receive through emails.I tried to reach out to them about their charges but am still waiting for their reply up to now.When thy reply I’ll update this post.
Currently, to register and access CRB services from Creditinfo,kindly follow the links below;
Looking for more information from any of the CRBs?You can contact CRBs in Kenya now.