Safaricom Agents are nationwide and ready to make your Safaricom experience satisfying.
How to Become an M-PESA Agent
Please click on the links below for more information and the relevant application forms.
- M-PESA Agent Requirements
- M-PESA Agent Store Application Form
- The Kenya Police Certificate of Good Conduct Application
Send and receive money hassle-free at our M-PESA Agent outlets.
Currently, there are over 40,000 agents countrywide ready to serve you wherever you are. Many more new outlets being added daily.
M-PESA Agent’s key tasks are:
- Registration of M-PESA Customers
- Depositing cash into registered customers M-PESA accounts
- Processing cash withdrawals for registered M-PESA customers
- Processing cash withdrawals for non-registered M-PESA customers
- Customer Education
- Compliance with Safaricom AML & KYC Policy
- Compliance with Safaricom business practices
- Branding of their outlets as per provided guidelines
M-PESA Agents include:
- Safaricom authorized dealers, operating one or more outlets around Kenya
- Other retailers with a substantial distribution network like petrol stations, distributors, supermarkets and registered SMEs
- Selected Banks and Micro-Finance Institutions