How M-pesa ATM withdrawal works
On the phone
- Select ‘Withdraw Cash’ from the M-PESA menu
- Select ‘From ATM
- Enter Agent Number. It is 555555 if you’re withdrawing from these ATMs: Diamond Trust Bank, KCB, Family Bank and NIC Bank and 286286 if you’re withdrawing from an Equity Bank ATM.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- You will receive an SMS notification from M-PESA with a 6-digit authorization code. (The code expires after 10 minutes and you will be expected to initiate the transaction afresh if you need to withdraw money again.)
On the ATM
- Select the M-PESA button on the ATM
- Select your preferred language
- Enter the 6-digit ATM Authorization Code on the ATM keyboard.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw, press CONTINUE to proceed with transaction.
- ATM will dispense your cash and issue you with a receipt. You will also receive an SMS from M-PESA confirming the transaction.
Note: You can only withdraw Kshs. 20,000 from MPESA per transaction using ATM withdrawal.
ATM Withdrawal charges