Have you ever checked your NHIF and NSSF contributions since you got employed? Unlike in the past where one was required to walk to their offices to get the account details, checking your contributions has now never been easier. There are other ways someone can access both NHIF and NSSF details, that is, via email and through the website, but today, we’ll look at how you can check your status via SMS.
How to check NHIF status via SMS
- Go to the main menu on your mobile phone and compose a message
- At the message space, type ‘ID’, a space followed by the ID number or the Passport number if applicable. For example, ID 12345678.
- Send the message to 21101.
- You’ll receive a message after your NHIF account status has been processed.
Note that you’ll be charged Sh10 bob for the transaction.
How to check NSSF status via SMS
- Send the word “NSSF” to 6773 and follow instructions.
- Type NSSF, NSSF No, Date of Birth, Full Names and send to 6773. Remember to leave space after typing each detail.
- You will receive a PIN (after they validate their data)
- Type Bal, your new PIN” and send to 6773
- View your statement balance.