If you’re self employed you will need to do the submission of the contribution yourself. If you’re employed your employer will handle that.
How to Activate NHIF card
If you’ve never submitted your NHIF contributions for 12 months, you can activate your card as follows;
- You will need to pay kes 1500
- Continue making contributions for 60 days
- After the 60 days, you’ll then be eligible to get medical funding
Below is the process.
- On your MPESA menu, select Lipa na MPESA
- Then choose Paybill
- Enter NHIF MPESA paybill number: 200222
- Under account number, key in your national ID number
- Enter the amount: Ksh. 1,500
- You should receive a confirmation message of the transaction.
- You can then access their services after a period of 60 days (2months)
- You’ll also have to continue with regular monthly contributions thereafter reactivating